Course: Excavation Safety (Trench Support) for Operatives
Course Code: MS-17
Course Duration: 2 days
Cost: £240 plus VAT
|16-Oct-2017||09:00||Peterborough Training Centre|
|20-Nov-2017||09:00||Peterborough Training Centre|
This course provides the skills and knowledge necessary for those required to work in and around excavations.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the factors that can lead to trench collapse
- Explain the effect ground movement can have on structures and underground services
- Describe methods of controlling ground water
- Recognise situations that warrant trench support
- Select appropriate methods and systems for support
- Install trench support systems including hydraulic, timber, and steel systems safely
- Remove trench support systems safely
- Carry out safety inspections of support systems
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition and practical exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should attend with their own personal protective equipment.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone required to work in and around excavations
Maximum 8 learners.