Confined Space Training
Merit Skills can offer a range of confined space training courses to meet the requirements of your business.
We have a purpose built confined space for practical training and assessment at our training centre. Giving candidates the opportunity to experience a life like confined space during their training. Our practical confined space training facility is approved by City and Guilds along with our assessors and verifiers
We also have experience in designing, developing and delivering confined space training and assessment to national occupational standards and also in house company standards.
What is a Confined Space? A confined space is a place which is substantially enclosed (though not always entirely), and where serious injury can occur from hazardous substances or conditions within the space or nearby (e.g. lack of oxygen).
Our courses and the City and Guilds 6150 programmes are categorised into the following areas:
- Low Risk
- Medium Risk
- High Risk
- MS-2 Confined Space Entry - Low Risk 1 day
- MS-3 Confined Space Entry - Medium Risk 2 days
- MS-30 Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces City and Guilds 6150-02 (Novice) 3 days
- MS-31 Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces City and Guilds 6150-01 (Novice) 1 day
- MS-32 Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces (Top Man)(Non Entrant) City and Guilds 6150-06 (Novice) 2 days
- MS-33 Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces City and Guilds 6150-02 2 days
- MS-34 Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces City and Guilds 6150-02 top man non-entrant 2 days
- MS-35 Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces City and Guilds 6150-01 1 day
- MS-59 Confined Space Awareness ½ day
- MS-60 Breathing apparatus - refresher training 1 day