Course: Basic Safe Excavation Practices
Course Code: MS-18
Course Duration: 2 days
Courses are scheduled throughout the year. If you are interested in this course then please contact us quoting the course code MS-18 and we will be delighted to discuss your requirements.
This course gives the learner the skills and knowledge required to excavate safely.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Interpret utility plans
- Identify utility apparatus in accordance with NJUG colour coding
- Demonstrate the use of cable avoidance equipment
- Excavate safely around trees in accordance with NJUG guidance
- Describe a safe system of work in accordance with HSG 47
- Select the correct equipment for varying excavation activities
- Carry out pre use checks on excavation equipment
- Demonstrate safe excavation techniques
- Demonstrate safe manual handling of excavation equipment
- List the PPE required for all aspects of excavation work
The course consists of a mixture of classroom based tuition and practical activities.
Pre Course Requirements
The course involves some practical work. Participants are requested to bring their own overalls, gloves, waterproof jacket, ear protection, eye protection, safety footwear and hard hat.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone carrying out or supervising excavation activities.
Maximum 8 learners.